Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Days since DTE!

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

NO TURNING BACK NOW!!!


Well, we did it! We wrote the check for the first of many payments to AWAA (America World Adoption Association). It was sooooo much better than writing a check for a mortgage payment or bill. It was joyfully written and eagerly signed!

Of course we took a picture.
I had to crop it to remove the checking account #! Duh, who knows who is out there scanning blogs! :)

Lee was so sweet. We sat down to go over all the paperwork that this check accompanies. Lee read me every page, and together we poured over the requirements and timeline. Lee's face lit up when he said "we could have our baby in 10 months" and smiled ear to ear when he read "Receive your referral and travel to Ethiopia to get your child!" I asked him what he was feeling and he said "Finally, this is moving forward!" I asked if it seemed real and he said "Yes!" It was so cute and I could tell he was into it.
Have I mentioned that I LOVE our agency? This was one of the only ones that has you state your faith. We had to sign a statement, AGAIN with this agreement that stated that we believe Jesus Christ to be our Lord and Savior and we agree to raise our adopted child in this faith. How powerful!
So as wrote the check we said a long and powerful prayer together. What a wonderful moment to pray that God would watch over this entire process, love us, make it smooth, fast and joyful! We also prayed that our child would be ready for us and attach well. Even though it is amazing to think he/she is most likely not even conceived today I had an overwhelming feeling that our child is already here. And, he is already ours. My prayer thanked God for creating this child for us and doing so before WE were even born as the parents! Overwhelming to think of God's plan designed so very long ago!
The mother of our future child has been heavily weighing on my heart the past few days. Thinking about her having to make the decision to give up her child to us, foreign strangers is unfathomable to me. I can't imagine the angst and pain that will envelop her when she makes this choice. She will become a regular part of my prayers.


I have been thinking of what I will say to my son when he asks me if we adopted him just because we couldn't have our own. I honestly can say that I would tell him that is not the case. He was our FIRST CHOICE and God kept us from becoming pregnant to fulfil his will and purpose for our life! He will NEVER be "Plan B" and I am convinced that God has prepared my heart to have a non biological child first, so he can know that we sought him as our "Plan A." It just overwhelms me to think this is exactly the way God decided it would be and we are just where we should be just at this specific moment in time.


Finally, Lee said the funniest thing to Daisie tonight! Even though we are unsure of the child's sex, we both feel it will be a boy. Lee said to Daisie, "Dais-soon you will have your little 'Fro 'Bro!" I love it. Then, and only then, will our family be complete...


No comments:

Post a Comment