Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Days since DTE!

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, February 18, 2011

The great fake out! The great redemption!


I about had a conniption when I opened the mail to find a very official document. I mean it people, it had the water mark, parchment paper, the whole nine. You know, the kind that you hold up to the light and you can tell it is fancy paper with an embossed seal and stamped paper? You know? The kind when you copy it on a XEROX machine it says "COPY." Anyway, it was OFFICIAL. It looked like a cross between a dollar bill and a birth certificate. Talk about Authentic. I was jumping up and down until I read the script. It said that the United States Department of Homeland Security had received our application. SIGH. DUH! I already knew that FED EX had delivered the form with our homestudy and I had also received an email to that effect. Why waste a fancy piece of paper and get this mom-to-be all in a tizzy?


THE ULTIMATE FAKEOUT courtesy of our good ole' government.
The adrenaline surge and "high" I got quickly dissapted into an incredible low.

Then, miraculously...two days later we got our letter that stated that we have our fingerprint appointments! Again, fancy paper and all! We were worried that the appointments would interfere with our trip to Key West next week! We did NOT want to have to reschedule!!! If you don't show up when they schedule your appointment, you lose the $890 (is the fingerprint ink made of gold?) you spent. SO, we are blessed that our appointments are March 7 at 1 and 2pm! WOO HOO! I rescheduled my entire day at work and got the time off. WOO HOO!!! After we get the fingerprint appointment we'll wait for our I-171 form and once we get it we're ready to send our paperwork to Ethiopia and we'll be on the wait list!

Please pray for a FAST I-171!!!!

Here are some photos of the beloved documents...If you are in the adoption world, you know these documents are PRICELESS and constitute a HUGE milestone! It means the USA government approval process is in full motion! :) The current time frame to receive your form is 2 weeks to 6 weeks....We intend to get our dossier authenticated and ready to ship off! :) YAY!


"ASC Appointment Notice" Appointment for Authentic Processing of Orphan Petition

The FAKEOUT LETTER!

THE REAL DEAL! :)











No comments:

Post a Comment