Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Days since DTE!

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

OY VEY!


Lee and I sat down for 2 hours last night to pour over our first set of documents. I must admit I haven't been so overwhelmed since working to complete my Master's Thesis in graduate school. It seemed an impossible task, as does this adoption. I cannot even begin to describe the sheer amount of paperwork involved in the "paperchase." So, after praying to commit the process to God, we took deep breaths and began to read. Lee maintained a level of calm I could not believe! So today, I decided I would bite off little bites of each task and complete them daily. I have to get a big chunk of this done before I start my new job so I will do a little every day. Each time I work on a task, I will pray that God will be in control of that step. It is amazing how much better that makes me feel than pretending we actually have any semblance of control at all over this entire situation.

I spent 100 bucks on birth and marriage certificates. Between that, our first payment to the agency and homestudy fees, our adoption account is wiped out. Please continue to pray for financial miracles. We believe God will provide for us throughout this process! I do not like asking people for money, so we hope that God will surprise us! Pray my new job affords us the abillity to save and be good stewards of God's blessings.

I also hooked up with other families on our agency Yahoo chat group. It is ONLY Ethiopia families from OUR agency. what a blessing it is to read their notes and emails. One family just returned from the court date and will be going back to get their son in a few weeks. She mentioned that she is soooo thrilled that they changed the laws to require parents to travel twice. Despite the cost involved, she said she wouldn't trade seeing her son when he was tiny, because in a few weeks he'll be much bigger. It is indeed a blessing in disguise.

So, we're on our way. I promise not to bore you with daily updates of the tasks we've completed, but this is the first tangible thing I've done. Everything else thus far has been rather abstract. Mostly dreaming about holding our child.

Someone told me that you can't eat an entire elephant at once. You must bite off one bite at a time. That's what I intend to do, committing each nibble to the Lord. Today was yet a tiny sampling.

Off to write our autobiographies, talk to people about writing recommendation letters, write our application letters, etc. Good thing my favorite thing in the world is to write! :)
Lee has already kindly agreed to let me take the writing duty over. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment