Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Days since DTE!

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, September 18, 2011

GIRLS WEEKEND!


My three very best friends in the entire world surprised me with a visit to Salt Lake City! They had wanted to come for awhile, and we were in DIRE need of a girl’s weekend. Holly lives in Los Angeles, Jenny in St. Louis and Amy recently moved from San Francisco to Denver (darn we left CO right as she was moving there!) The weekend could NOT have been more perfect (unless I was able to enjoy a glass of wine with them). We laughed until our sides ached, danced like no one was watching and cried together at miracles in life.

Getting ready to go shopping! Hanging out on our deck.

I could not be more blessed to have these three in my life. We’ve been close for the past 15 years and shared sorority life, college and adulthood. I have lived with these girls, traveled to see them and cannot imagine getting through life without them! IMPOSSIBLE!

The weekend was filled with shopping, chatting and fun! We had fully planned to do some sight seeing in Park City and around the canyons of SLC but we got so wrapped up in chatting and catching up, we stuck around our house. We loved using the deck and enjoyed our backyard reconstruction! Thanks Lee! He waited on us hand and foot and cooked us wonderful breakfasts!

Amy
Jenny
Holly brought me like 15 books. I seriously think I'm a pregnancy expert!
First night photo. My wine is non-alcoholic! :)
Took the girls to din din at one of our fave' hang outs. This is the pre-dinner photo. My girls are HOT! :)

Dinner at Porcupine Grill
After dinner we ventured over to the bar next door. I had never been there but it was fun. The girls thought this sign was funny and began to learn the nuances of Utah very quickly :)
Holly cuts a rug!
Funny sign! :)

The highlight of the weekend was when the girls suggested we venture to “Fetal Foto” for an ultrasound to find out the gender of our baby. I was about 16 weeks so we decided to go for it! I will NEVER forget having those girls with me to find out what we are having… It was a time filled with laughter and tears! I likened it to having my very own “Sex And the City” moment. These girls are my family!
It took awhile but we saw the goods!
Its. A. GIRL! :)
Proud Mommy and Daddy
Waiting to find out!
Daddy hugs mommy! :)
C'mon baby...show us something!
Mommy always knew. :) GIRL!
One of my life's favorite memories...Me, my baby girl and her Aunties!
What a WONDERFUL weekend. It could not have been more perfect! I had the BEST time and was truly sad when they left. I had withdrawals for weekends to come!

VOW: DO THIS EVERY YEAR! WE NEED IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment