Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Days since DTE!

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, September 19, 2011

Second Trimester update!

The second trimester has been oh-so-much better than the first. My morning sickness subsided at about 14 weeks. It has been soooo wonderful to come home from work and be able to enjoy my evening, plan meals, and not lay on the couch with a trash can, trying to figure out what to eat that wouldn't make me sick. I also bid farewell to my "puke pine" at work. Yes, this is the tree that I frequented to toss my cookies (or water for that matter.) The one set back is that my headaches have drastically increased, and after an MRI, 4 doctors have been unable to determine what "that thing is" on my brain. Some sort of cyst or dark spot exists, so I'm in the process of finding a different doctor for another opinion. I was diagnosed with chronic migraines, so hoping to tackle treatments once baby comes...Other than that, I have enjoyed the increased energy. I have been able to enjoy gym workouts and powerwalks, although with each passing week my lung capacity decreases. I'm grateful for renewed strength, the return of my healthy appetite (no more Taco Bell or McDonalds! EWWW!) and feeling like "me."

14 weeks



16 weeks

For our 20 week ultrasound, we got a CD with over 30 images! It was sooo much fun to look at each body part of our little miracle. We had an AWESOME ultrasound tech, who said she was perfect and everything measured wonderfully! We saw the four chambers of her heart, the blue and red blood flowing between mommy and baby, and her face, spine, legs, feet, "goods" and little fingers. At one point she opened her mouth and stuck out her tongue! The tech joked that she was already being silly but also said that it showed excellent tongue control because she has to control her amniotic fluid intake. The better babies are at doing that, the less indigestion and hiccups they experience. :) Yay Baby T!
My heartbeat next to hers. LOVE IT!
My fave' picture! My arteries feeding Baby T through the umbilical cord!
Little arm and fist-kickboxing already!
Fist bump!
Yep, its obvious. :)
Little bum and bladder :)
Legs. LONG and strong!
She opened her mouth and stuck out her tongue
BEFORE
AFTER! Ha Ha Mommy and Daddy!
Blue and Red blood in the heart :)
A random pic of us at the lake with our church group
20.5 weeks

Definitely can't wear heels much longer! :)
21.5 weeks at the doctor's office
I cannot believe how fast this trimester is flying by...The first one was SO LONG since I was SO sick and now I wish time was slower...only about 15 more weeks until she comes!
We finally registered this past weekend. I first enjoyed a mani, pedi, facial and massage (courtesy of Groupons! Love them!) and then we hit Babies R Us. Despite the fact that I had researched products for hours and days prior to our trip, it still took us 3 hours! We really tried to register for quality/safe items that we can use for BOTH our babies. This is very important to us! We were utterly exhausted by the end of that trip and I fell asleep on the couch at 8:00.
SO. MUCH. TO. DO. Nesting has begun!
Next post: FUN BABY STUFF!

No comments:

Post a Comment